Thursday, December 11, 2008

Real Blogs, Real People

Janna has awarded me with the Real Blogs, Real People award.



The award is given to bloggers who write about real life, which has left me wondering what other people right about, but hey, I'll take it!

Recipients are supposed to pass the award on to seven others, and here are my choices:

1- Spyscribbler She has a way of talking about writing that really makes me think and consider things in a way I hadn't before. She's also very funny, even though she doesn't think she is.

2 - Erica Orloff Erica has a gift for tying everyday stories into lessons about writing. I love hearing about her family and her life in general, then watching as she weaves her anecdotes into writing theory.

3 - One Word, One Rung, One Day I think Janna also nominated Travis, but I love his blog. He has a no holds barred way of approaching life and his storytelling reflects that. It's nice to hear from someone who doesn't try to pretty things up. (not saying the others do, but you know what I mean...)

4 - Shrink Rap Robin cracks me up on a daily basis. She's thrown her family at our mercy and amuses readers with tales of her two sons, plus the occasional story of moronic people that stumble through her life. She also leaves hilarious comments on other people's blogs.

5 - Amy Nathan Amy focuses most of her posts on writing, but they always tie in to real life. Her blog is like a cozy corner near the fire and I always enjoy reading what she has to say.

6 - Nothing But Bonfires Holly doesn't read my blog but hers is one of my favorites. She's an English writer living in San Francisco and her stories are absolutely hilarious. Her posts cover everything from Bad Decision Tuesday to highlights from her on-location assignments. Definitely check it out.

7 - Something She Wrote I know I'm not supposed to nominate her back, but she belongs on my list! I love everything Janna has to say and she's usually the first blog I read in the morning. So there!


Thanks again to Janna for nominating me - I really appreciate it!

13 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

You're welcome! And thank you! *sniff* I'm honored.

Spy Scribbler said...

Awww, Melanie! When I read your comment that I had won an award, the first thing that popped in my head was, "What, for whiner of the year?"

When I read "She's also very funny," my eyebrows literally shot up and my mouth dropped open in shock. Then I read, "even though she doesn't think she is."

Sheesh, you know me well. And I love ALL those blogs! (Well, I've never been to Holly's until now, but I love her tagline, "You say tomato, I say you're saying it wrong." Now that's funny!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Janna, hugs. :)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Spy, see - funny! Yeah, Holly's blog is fun. She's friends with Nathan Bransford and helped on one of his past contests. He linked to her blog and voila!

Amy Sue Nathan said...

Oh thank you thank you thank you. You are so sweet. It took me all day to get here because of these new glasses, but it is surely worth the dizziness!

I am glad that is how you feel because that's what I want it to be. And it is only that because of awesome blogger/readers like you! Blogging is about the readers!

colbymarshall said...

Hooray for all the great blogs!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

You're welcome Amy!

Robin said...

Hey! My incredibly gracious, funny and self deprecating comment never got in! That's so sad. It's like the computer mistakenly deleting the Preamble of the Constitution. Without the intelligence, importance and far reaching consequence, of course.

Thank you so much! Your comments always make my day. And back at ya for loving blogs! I'm going to check out the other blogs you recommended.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Robin, it vanished? Not good! Go enjoy the other blogs. :)

Kristine said...

Hey, what about Bruno's Blog? That's real life. Ha!

Travis Erwin said...

Thanks for the compliment and for including me with such talented blogger.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Kris, you need to update more than once a month. ;P

Melanie Hooyenga said...

You're welcome Travis! I meant it.