Friday, October 26, 2007

Introductions, blah blah

I'm new to the blogging game, so bear with me. I decided to start a blog because I can't put all my ideas in my book. Yeah, my book. I'm writing a memoir about my experiences here in Mexico and since I first put pen to paper (er, fingers to keyboard) things just keep on happening. So many things that if I don't put a leash on my cute little memoir it will soon rival War and Peace. I have no war, and only a little peace, so I'm sparing the unsuspecting agents who might receive my manuscript and putting my thoughts here instead.

I've read that a non-fiction writer needs a platform, something to back up the declaration that I am worthy to write this book. Memoir is a little different since I doubt anyone could argue I'm not qualified to write about my life, but here it is anyway: platform, platform, platform.

Something bizarre is bound to happen before long, so I'll be posting again soon. I already have a couple stories lined up for those days I don't leave the house.

Thanks for dropping by.

Melanie

6 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Hooray! Good luck on the blog, and with the memoir. See ya 'round.

stacey said...

Welcome to the blog obsession!
Stacey

Jenna said...

Way to go...you starting blogging! I can't wait to read about your escapades.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Sounds like memoir #2!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the Blog. I took a peek, and I am really enjoying reading who you are, and your life. Regards to you and your family. (truelyana off AW)

Spy Scribbler said...

Ya' know, I've never read your archives before. Since I'm sitting here in pain and not feeling like chatting much, I've browsing your archives.

But I feel a little bit like I'm nosing around your house, LOL. So I thought I'd say I love all these stories I've missed!