Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Twiddling My Thumbs

It's started. The anxiety before the appointment next week. Yesterday I received the package from our lawyer with all the paperwork Ibis will need to take along, so today I've been busy gathering last minute things. It's amazing how even though we've been talking about this for months I still keep thinking of new things to add to the list. The latest: our monthly phone/internet bill is one quarter of Ibis' monthly income. Yeah.

I'm doing my best to keep busy, dragging out household chores so they'll occupy me until my friends arrive this Friday. Did I mention that? My former roommate is coming and bringing along another friend. They'll be here until Tuesday, then Ibis leaves Wednesday.

Yesterday Ibis cut a hole in our cement wall, shoved in the AC unit, then left for work. I spent the rest of the morning cleaning up the broken concrete but I don't mind because as soon as we connect a drainage pipe we'll have non-85+ degree air!

The entire condo needs a good scrubbing, I'm doing a little freelance work, and yes, I'm still writing. I'd also like to get started researching agents. I don't have my MS back but that doesn't mean I can't work on other parts of the process. Queries and synopses (how IS that spelled plural?) can be as difficult as writing the actual book.

I also just found out my dad narrowly avoided being aboard a tug boat that sank in Florida. Crazy!

2 comments:

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

I wish you both the very best of luck. It will be over soon and you can get on with your life together.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know your dad is safe! I will also keep my fingers crossed!