Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How Does That Cucaracha Song Go?

Good lord, I was singing it this morning. Ibis went digging under the sink for caulk to seal the AC unit and found a cockroach nest instead. They'd taken over the box full of caulk and other home-type things, He doesn't normally react when surprising a bug so when he threw the box onto the patio I knew it was trouble.

We counted half a dozen squirmy beasts mixed in among the varnish, thinner and sandpaper. I say we like I was anywhere near him; my support came from atop a chair in the other room. He used half a can of garden-scent spray then watched as they lay on their backs, gasping for air.

By the time he finished sealing the AC unit, they had passed.


*moment of silence*


Now I get to clean up the results of throwing a box full of junk across the house. Two more days till my friends arrive so I better have things back in order by then!

6 comments:

Angela Ackerman said...

*shudders*

I'm not the namby-pamby type, but there's something about Cockroaches...*shudders again*

I saw your post at AW and thought I'd check it out, seeing as I'm headed to Mexico on Sunday *squee*

Nice blog!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Have fun! Where are you going?

And don't worry, hotels are generally clear of the nasty creatures, except for my visit in the Bahamas when "Pete" slept in bed with my friend.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Ho.ly.cow. I'm shuddering along with angela. *shimmies involuntarily* Ew.

colbymarshall said...

what is it with cockraoches lately? I just did a post about one yesterday...they are on a rampage!

Anonymous said...

La cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar, because he's gagging to death on air freshener!

Voy :D

Melanie Hooyenga said...

It's good to have you back!