Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nine Out of Ten Ain't Bad

Remember a while back I was complaining about my toe? The nail still hasn't grown back but it's doing very well. Even better - the other four toes on my right foot are doing fabulous!

I finally removed the polish that's been on for the past month and to my surprise the nails on my right foot look just like the nails on my left foot! Except, of course, for Mr. Baldy. There's a little nail on the edges and it kind of reminds me of a balding man who just has those patches of hair above his ears. Be glad I'm not posting a picture. When my nails were bright red he really stuck out like a sore... toe. Now I'm tempted to paint the little sides. Don't want to leave him out!

Having nine matching toenails may not seem like a big deal to you, but I've had problems with them for eight or nine years. Trust me, this is a HUGE deal. I've long-since mastered the subtle "tuck the ugly foot underneath the other leg" move and very few people ever knew I had an infection. Now I'm so excited I want to show everyone.

To celebrate I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday. Nothing fancy. Well, by Mexican standards anyway. Everything here is a little showy. They're flip-flops and have lots of silver and white leather and other fun goodness. Great for evening. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if being in Mexico where you wear sandals all the time has helped with the healing process...another good thing to come out of this past year!

Janna Leadbetter said...

How cool to see "melanie's mom" on board! :D

New flip flops (and good-looking toes) are worth celebrating over! You bring new meaning to Happy Feet, hooey.

Janna Leadbetter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats! As someone who has perfected the double foot curl, I'm happy for you!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

LOL! Double foot curl... I like that!