Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quick Update

My friends arrived without incident on Friday and we've been going strong ever since. Yesterday we spent the day at La Ropa beach and today we're going to Carlos & Charlies in Ixtapa. Sunday night the locals all go to the plaza to watch performances and eat lots of food so we'll most likely hang out there and sample the tacos and corn. Yum. You can also get a burger with ham, avocado & chili for 30 pesos, so I think I might force that on them before they leave.

Thanks for the encouragement about the appointment. I do have a little paperwork to do before Ibis leaves on Wednesday but it's more or less ready. I hope you're all having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Holy cow, that burger sounds awesome! Send me one?

Melanie Hooyenga said...

It's sooooooo good. While the burger's cooking, they put down a slice of ham, then pile both American cheese AND the string cheese they use in quesadillas.

But that's not all!

Next they put diced tomatoes & onion, then avocado, then ketchup, mayo & mustard. When everything is cooked he scoops up the ham/cheese part and flips in onto the burger/veggie part. He wraps it up in foil so you can eat it, and adds a grilled chili on top.

For 30 pesos/$3. Yum.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Holy cow, that burger sounds AWESOME! Send me one?

;)

If I'm ever in that part of Mexico, I'm getting one.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

I'll see what I can do. ;)

To think I only tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago! I'm sure my thighs thank me but I've been missing out!