Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Four Years!

Today is our four year anniversary! Not for marriage, we're still approaching the two year mark for that, but it was four years ago today that Ibis and I went on our first date.

*swoon*

I never could've imagined where this relationship has taken me. Physically, emotionally, spiritually... I've changed so much since that Friday night in 2004. I know how to fight in a relationship and not come out swinging. I've learned it's okay to be really pissed off at someone you love and that telling them WHY you're mad often helps make things better. I've also learned that loving someone can make you do things you never in a million years dreamed you'd do. (Hello... walking out of a good job to live in another country without running water and where no one speaks your language.)

This day really isn't that momentous. We have nothing special planned, no fancy dinner but there is a little wine left, so maybe we'll finish that off. I do feel that our lives are still changing, moving forward, and I'm both excited and nervous for what's to come. Will we EVER get back to the US? Will we start making more money? We I master this language they call Spanish? Stay tuned.

Maybe I should look into writing for the telenovelas...

4 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Tag- you're it! Head over to my blog to find out what horrible fate I've doomed you to :0) Congrats on date anniversary!

Spy Scribbler said...

Wow! But you can't say you haven't lived, really lived. You've experienced so much! A whole new world, a whole new culture!

I do hope you get back home. :-)

Janna Leadbetter said...

Cheers! And congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Sometimes the quiet celebrations are the ones you remember the most down the road. :)