Saturday, October 17, 2009

Leaps & Bounds


So much love. I just can't get over it. :)

We had a big milestone this week -- Owen learned how to jump onto the couch! He's been pulling himself up for quite awhile, much like a toddler, and a couple nights ago launched himself and almost made it on top. He just couldn't figure out how to pull himself up.

Later that day we got him all riled up where he runs in circles around the condo, hurdling chairs and diving under the coffee table, and he LEAPED into Ibis's lap. On the couch. I think Owen was more surprised than we were!

He can't do it every time but I'm sure in another week he won't think twice about it. Other big things: he can stay, he wakes us up to go outside, and he's figured out that there's no sense following me into the kitchen because he gets NOTHING. Ibis on the other hand...

11 comments:

Robin said...

(He Robin) Looks like Rick is going to come close to you. Keep your guard up. He looks mean.

Stay safe.

Adam said...

Woooo! Love hearing how he's coming along. :D



Adam

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Robin, mean? No... :)

Adam, I realized I hadn't given any actual updates so... he's so sweet!

erica m. chapman said...

Aw. He's so cute. Thanks for the updates. I love when they get crazy like that. Run around the place with reckless abandon. I think they're called the zoomies.

So cute. Can't wait to hear more about him!

Nadine said...

Adorable!!

I, like Ibis, am guilty of the kitchen feeding. Matt never feeds the cat in the kitchen - actually, he never feeds him, lol - but I have given him a few scraps now and then. So now whenever I am in there cutting something, he's meowing at my feet. :)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Erica, the zoomies is hilarious! That totally describes it. I feel so bad because he still dives under the bed and coffee table but now he hits his head almost every time. But it's still fun to watch!

Nadine, I feel like I'm scolding Ibis more than Owen sometimes, lol. He does come in with me, but after about 30 seconds gives up and goes back to the living room.

MeganRebekah said...

So cute! I remember when my dogs crossed that milestone, they seemed so big and grownup :)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

OMG! Robin, I JUST found out what the heck you were talking about with Rick. I really had no idea.

*takes cover*

Travis Erwin said...

I think he gets cuter with every picture.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Aww. He's just a big pile of adorable is what he is.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Travis, I agree. :)

*snuggles in the adorableness*