Monday, June 9, 2008

New Routine

My migraine is almost gone so this morning Ibis and I drove to the beach for our run. The beach he works at, Playa Madera, is the midway point of the oceanside path so we can get our exercise without any hassle from the locals.

I wanted to run at least the same amount as I do when we leave our place on foot, but after going back and forth a couple times, I think I went even further. Ibis stayed at one end to do weights (rocks) so I joined him after my run and worked out for another half hour. I hate the fact that we drove to exercise but I enjoyed the whole experience so much more than before that I think I'll go more often. I typically aim for every day but now I realize it wasn't the running I dread, it's the people on the streets. Remove them from the equation and I may finally lose some weight!

It's started raining this past week and today has actually been cloudy. Go figure! So far all the rain has come overnight so I didn't give it a second thought when I started laundry this afternoon. Well, now it's raining all over my washer/dryer and the clothes that I hung outside to dry. After a little reorganizing, my house is filled with damp clothes and the laundry is almost finished. It's not raining very hard so the machine should be ok.

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

I'm so glad! Now that scary dude can't follow you any more.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Yep! Nothing but pleasant tourists and locals walking their dogs. :D