I am the latest victim in what can best be described as Blog Tag. Janna from Something She Wrote tagged me, and now I'm supposed to share five weird or otherwise unknown things about myself. Since my audience is a mix of people who've known me my entire life and those who don't even know what my voice sounds like, this may not be ground-breaking news for all of you.
1. I can salsa dance. Quite well, in fact. Strangers have come up and asked us if we A) are professionals (lol) or B) give lessons. We've tried giving lessons to his family but end up bickering about the best way to demonstrate a step, or "No, that's too confusing," and nothing much gets accomplished.
I started back in 2000 and met Ibis a few months later. He was in another relationship so we were friends long before our first date. For our first dance at our wedding we surprised everyone and danced to a country song, saving the salsa for later.
2. I am 5'1" and was a starter on my high school basketball team. I think that has more to do with the size of my school than my ability to dunk, but it was fun and I wouldn't trade that experience for all the public schools out there.
I went to a small boarding school with a total of 100 students. There were 25 people in my graduating class and only 30 girls in the entire school, so being among the five best players wasn't all that difficult.
3. I am a lotion and chapstick freak. I must have them with me - or close by - at all times. I can get through daily errands without lotion, and I often replace chapstick for a moisturizing lip gloss, but I'd claw my eyes out if I had to go an entire day without them.
4. I'm a little compulsive. I'm a neat-freak, worry-wart, counting-thing-in-threes type of person. I can't stand to let dishes sit in the sink for longer than it takes to eat a meal. I usually start washing them while Ibis brings the food to the table, and you can bet any I don't get to are soaking while we eat.
We don't have screens on the windows so a lot of dust comes in throughout the day. Now I sweep every morning after my run and before my shower. This is a new one for me - I don't mind sweeping but floors really aren't my thing. Until now.
My husband is a normal man and doesn't like putting his clothes away the moment they leave his body, so I do lighten up with his stuff. As long as it's all in one area (the guest bedroom) I try to leave him alone.
I do carry anti-bacterial gel with me, but we are in Mexico and things get pretty dirty. I've gotten better about compulsively doing things, but it's always in the back of my head.
5. I was once buried my a snowplow. My best friend Kris and I were in second grade (I think) and were enjoying one of about nine snowdays we had that year. We were walking from her house to mine and saw a huge snowplow off in the distance. Its spray covered the street and we ran back and forth as it came closer, not able to tell which side of the street it was on. (She tells the story that we WANTED the snow to hit us - I beg to differ) When it was too late to get out of the way we dove into the closest yard, our heads nestled between a row of pine trees, and the snow buried us. She thought I was dead for a minute but I was just contemplating life. ;)
Jenna, you're the only one I'm tagging because I don't know many bloggers and the few I do know have already played. I can't wait to read what you have to say!
Now that I've scared you all off, I need to go find my Chapstick.