I've been hit again. Ed over at Upon Reflection tagged me yesterday, so I said I'd play along one more time. Since I already covered all the weird things about me (yeah right), this will be a bit of a stretch.
1. I attended my first posada last night. The hotel where Ibis is working had their holiday party last night and besides food, drinks & dancing, there was the traditional singing of the posada. It was explained to me as similar to carol singing, except they're paying tribute to Joseph and Mary as they searched for a place to stay before Jesus was born.
Since we were all in a large banquet hall, they asked half the people to go outside and the rest of us gathered near the entrance. Then we sang back and forth to candlelight. It was cool to participate in this tradition.
Afterwards we ate a lot and even managed to dance! I've had my salsa fix, finally! And yes, I was the only non-Mexican there.
2. I've killed about 30 ants this morning and lost a fight with a cockroach yesterday. I still don't know where he went and I'm nervous about where I'll find him.
3. I know the words to (almost) every New Kids on the Block song. Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Care to hear more?
4. I only have two front teeth on top, as opposed to the standard four most are born with. All my sharp teeth are closer to the front so when I bite my cheek, it bleeds.
5. I almost lost my eye as a child when a dog bit me in the face. You know that little bump on the inside corner? Yeah, he bit that. You can barely see the scars now.
And that's all for today! I'm not tagging anyone else because all the blogs I read have done this now. I could tag Kris and Turkey, but I'll leave it up to them to play along.