This meme has been working its way around the Blogospere, so I thought I'd join in. While thinking of my list, I had a twisted version that had all of them beginning with the letter F, but since this is a family version, I'll keep it clean. ;)
My favorite things:
1) Friends & Family If you know me at all, you already know these are at the top of my list. I'm a social person and those close to me make me who I am. Since I went away to school when I was fifteen, my friends became even more important to me since they became my immediate support network.
2) Reading & Watching Movies I love a good story, whatever form it takes. If I can lose myself for an hour of two, the writer has done a good job.
3) Fine Wines By fine wines, I don't mean expensive, I mean anything that tastes good to me. I tend to be more of a red wine connoisseur - cabernet & merlot now, although shiraz and chianti have had their moments in the spotlight - but I also adore a good Reisling. We had the white wine at our wedding instead of champagne.
4) Shopping I don't have to actually purchase anything to get the rush. I love browsing through the shelves and racks, touching things and imagining them in my home. Be it Target, Barnes & Noble, Banana Republic, or Crate & Barrel; I can spend hours in any of them. When it comes to actually buying things, I usually head for the sales rack.
5) Games Tetris and Scramble seem to take up the majority of my game playing time when I'm alone, but I adore real-world scrabble and dominoes, neither of which Ibis ever wants to play with me. My sister arrives on the 24th and I cannot WAIT to play both with her. I played tons of dice and card games in college (a lot of which seemed to center around alcohol) and I hope to add a Playstation or Wii to the household when we return to civilization.
6) Creating When I was little, I dreamed of being an artist, then a writer, then an interior designer, then a graphic designer. My drawing skills are mediocre at best, so the artist part is merely a hobby, but the other three have found a way into my life. (Again, the interior designer part just on a local level, lol - my house.) I seem to have an endless amount of creative energy and love watching my ideas develop into something I can see and touch.
Most of you have played along, but are there any favorite things you'd care to share?