Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh My, Oh Nine, Oh My

We had a short but eventful trip to Huetamo for the new year. I remembered to take pictures so I'll put together a post for next week. I haven't written anything since Monday - eek! - so I'm hoping today and this weekend are productive for me. Now on to today's post...

I don't know how many of you are fans of the Violent Femmes, but I have had this song stuck in my head for a couple days now.



It's called Jesus Walking on the Water and is a good song, but that's not why it's stuck on a continuous loop in my head. If you listen to the first 15 seconds, and replace "oh my" with "oh nine," you'll know what it's like to live in Melanie's head.

I cannot believe it's 2009! I haven't started on my goals yet, have you?

12 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

ROFL, you crack me up!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

:) Good, I'm glad!

Spy Scribbler said...

I can't believe it's 09 either! I got up at 5 and wrote on Jan. 1, but got up at 10 and blogged on Jan. 2. It's still vacay, though... by next Monday, no excuses! (And I'm buying a really annoying alarm clock, just to be sure.)

Robin said...

Let me out of your head right now! Please? I'm going to think of a horribly catchy song to make you listen to if you don't.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Spy, a good trick I learned is don't keep the clock next to the bed. If you have to walk across the room to turn it off, you're more likely to stay up.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Robin, I wrote this post two days ago and it's STILL in my head. I'll let you out if you take me with you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Mel. That song is pretty cool. Can't wait to see the pix.

Anonymous said...

I start on my goals after we drop the guests off at the airport. Then I will be able to get things back in order.

Nadine said...

Haven't started on my goals yet.:( And baking cupcakes yesterday didn't exactly help the losing weight goal.

And the construction outside my window isn't helping the writing goal.

But there is always tomorrow... :)

Aimlesswriter said...

lol
Goals?
EEEEEeekkkkkk!

Jen said...

Holy cow, the Violent Femmes?

I sense a Cracktube sojourn coming up. :D Sorry it's stuck in your head, though. Takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it? LOL

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Mmm, cupcakes. Goals? Yeah, mine aren't starting out too well this year.

Cranky, I had just gotten it out of my head, thanks!