Sunday, February 24, 2008

I *heart* the Internet

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again: I love the internet. There's a section in my book where I talk about having outbursts where I declare my love for the magic in the cables. I joked that I have hundreds of reasons why I love it, and today I have one more.

Reason #754 Why I Love the Internet:

I filed my taxes. :D Not only did I file them, I was able to read instructions with nothing more than a click of a window, find bank information (unfortunately money's going both ways this year) and call my mom in the middle of all that to get some input.

AND, my refund will be directly deposited within 7-10 business days. I realize this is not breaking news. I've been filing online for years and I used the phone option before that. But with all the turmoil the past year I was more than a little concerned that my taxes might be more difficult than previous years.

We've got a lot to do in the upcoming week (more about that later) so it's nice to have this checked off the list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the internet also... Great blog...

Although it says jerzegurl... it's really me.. joycecwilliams.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! It is the only way to file now days. And so very easy! We are looking forward to our check so we can remodel our bathroom.
Congrats on getting them done!

Spy Scribbler said...

So COOL! I got mine done over Christmas break in 2006.

But this year? It's almost March, and I haven't even started! With all the expenses and receipts and stuff with self-employment, it's going to take me three days. ICK.